Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The learning of good habits or what men should remember from when they were three...

We have an adorable three year old. Caleb is such a funny fella and loves to compliment everyone. He wakes up every morning mostly cheerful and tells me, ' Mama, you are so, so pretty!' I just love it when he wakes up in the morning!! Caleb will say the same thing to all of his sisters and their friends. Needless to say, they love to hear it almost as much as I do!!!
He had to go to the dentist this past week and told all of the hygenists' they were all sooo pretty. They said he could come back any day, appointment or not, just to visit with them.

Now, as for the title....I am not advocating that all men should go around complimenting every pretty woman he sees, especially if he is married. But, this is definitely something that they should do on a regular, let's say at least weekly and hopefully daily, basis to their wives. Life gets so busy and we all can get distracted with it. Not to mention that after a few babies, our bodies do a bit of changing, not always to our liking either. You helped us change in that way and our self image can really tank. Knowing that our fella's are still just as in love with and attracted to us or hopefully more so is a huge help to how we value ourselves. It probably shouldn't be that way, but it is nevertheless. Thankfully, my Sweetman' s pretty good at this though, admittedly, it did take awhile to get there. Not that he didn't feel that way. Just getting him to understand that I need to hear/see it from him.
I have worked to ingrain this into our boys. I think it has taken with the oldest. The other's are still too young to tell. I hope so, for the sake of my future daughter's-in-law, I truly hope so.

No comments: