Friday, December 7, 2007

Changing me...

Changing me...
After 19 years of having beautiful blessings and giving up too many times on getting myself healthy, I have decided to persevere and actually do it. My Sweetman loves to be outside, i.e. hiking, fishing, camping, rock climbing..., and he wants me to go with him. I am not horribly out of shape but enough that it is more taxing on myself than I would like. So....healthy here I come. I also want to be a good example to my daughters of getting myself in better shape to be active and not just skinny. I keep telling myself that it took me 19 years to get here so to be patient with myself which, is very difficult to do.
I have been walking 2 miles every other day except for Monday when I walked about 8 behind our lawn mower mowing our 'field'...not the most fun but at least the yard looks like a yard again. :D I actually enjoy mowing the lawn. It is meditative for me. The blaring mower drowns out all other noise and I can actually think!!!! It is wonderful when that happens.
We have been having the 'debate' again. Are we allowed to control how many children we have or just have however many we are blessed with? Is being a good steward limiting our family to what we can afford or trust(which we do) that God will provide? We trust He will provide for us but, again, how does it fall under being a good steward? I have read all of the applicable books, Nancy Campbell, the Hess'..., but it is still a quandary. We love having our brood and would be happy with more but we also have things we want to do with the children we have and with each other. We started out very young...18...and would like to enjoy our retirement and grandchildren with each other. Sounds so selfish, I know...but I am human!!! Opinions? Advice? Anyone???
Pray for me.....

No comments: