Friday, December 7, 2007

It's a small world.....

This is one of the posts I am moving from my old blog because I don't want to lose them and I only have time to manage one blog so.....some new old additions....



It's a small world...
I was browsing through blogs early this morning...that amazing vortex that just sucks you in for hours if you aren't careful!!! You read one that is so interesting then, you look at their favorite blogs and a title catches your eye and... whoosh....you have been sucked in!!! Such a lovely time though. It's like visiting a neighbor and having a nice visit over tea....refreshing and, usually, a good excuse for not doing what you're SUPPOSED to be doing. Usually.
Anyway, as I was browsing I came across a blog that was raving about my area!!! I know the Portland area is on all of the maps but there is just something neat about reading about it from someone else perspective. I have found out about some of the best shops and restaurants that way. You know when you live in an area it seems you just don't get out to 'experience' it much. That is what my Sweetman and I did for our 18th anniversary this year. We spent the day in Portland walking and shopping. Then we went out to a very nice restaurant, El Gaucho...exquisite. If you're ever in town, it is a bit spendy but a lovely experience. I really enjoyed just spending time together and not having to be anywhere. Through all of our years in marriage and raising our children, that would have to be one of the most important things we have remembered to do...put our marriage first. Not above our relationship with God, of course, and not to the neglect of our children's needs but our children also know that Daddy and I put our marriage first. Next to our spiritual relationship, a strong marriage is an absolute for a firm foundation for a strong family. Putting your marriage first also means putting your husband first. I love doing things for him and seeing the love reflected back to me. It just fills me up with joy. It is also reaffirmed when I see any of our children doing that for him or each other. I know the teaching and example is taking hold in some way. Am I doing something right after all?!?!? It is so nice to see good fruits come from my labor...
Anyway, back on topic...I have found a few new places to visit in and around my hometown...Thank you bloggers!!!!

No comments: